The Centre works in partnership with the Angus Library and Archive at Regent’s Park College and with the Baptist Historical Society.
The Aims of the Centre are:
- To develop research and scholarship in Baptist history and theology;
- To relate Baptist history and theology to Baptist life and principles today;
- To cultivate awareness of resources for Baptist studies that exist in the Angus Library and elsewhere;
- To share stories of Baptist life with the wider world.
The Centre pursues its aims by:
- Providing College membership for students studying for research degrees in related areas;
- Offering research facilities to visiting scholars;
- Organizing lecture series, seminars and consultations of international significance and publishing these in an appropriate form;
- Drawing on the facilities of the Angus Library at the highest academic level;
- Appointing leading specialists as advisors to develop an international network of distinguished Baptist historians and theologians;
- Appointing Fellows and Research students of the Centre;
- Encouraging local churches to record and preserve their histories;
- Developing publications in cooperation with others to forward all these aims.