Centre for Baptist History and Heritage, Oxford with the Baptist Historical Society
A German-British Conference Commemorating the Founding in 1914 of the World Alliance for Promoting Friendship through the Churches
‘Movements for Peace in 1914’
6 December 2014
- ‘ An Alliance for International Friendship? Sentiment, Reality, Hope ’ by Keith W. Clements (Former General Secretary of the Council of European Churches)
- ‘The Relation between the International Fellowship of Reconciliation and the Early Civil Rights Movement ’ by Andrea Strübind (Professor of Church History and Dean of Faculty, Institut für Evangelische Theologie, Carl von Ossietzky Universität Oldenburg )
- ‘Friedrich Siegmund-Schultze, a Founder of the Peace Movement’, by Erich Geldbach (Emeritus Professor of Ecumenical Theology, Evangelisch-Theologischen Fakultät, University of Bochum and Honorary Professor, University of Marburg )
- ‘Herbert Patrick. Pioneer for peace in England and Germany’, by Frank Fornaçon (German Baptist minister, Editor of Criscare, Magazine for Christians in Health Professions)
- ‘Baptist Connections in the early years of the Fellowship of Reconciliation’ by Ian Randall (formerly Professor of Church History, International Baptist Theological Seminary, Prague)
There will also be a small exhibition of materials from the Angus Library related to Nonconformists and the First World War.
Conference attendance costs £10, payable on the day. Please register by emailing email@example.com to secure your place.
For full details please click the link above.