Regent’s Park College is committed to protecting the privacy and security of personal data.
The processing of personal data underpins almost everything the College does. Without it, students cannot be admitted and taught; staff cannot be recruited; living individuals cannot be researched; and events cannot be organised for alumni or visitors.
The College has a number of policies in place to ensure that we responsibly process data and meet our obligations under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and associated legislation.
As part of our duty, we have prepared a series of privacy notices, informing you of the personal data we hold, our purposes for processing your data, how long we retain your data, and with whom we may share your data.
Policies and procedures
Our privacy notices outline what personal data Regent’s Park College holds about you, how we use it internally, how we share it, and what your legal rights are in relation to it. The notices are complemented by records of processing activities (ROPAs) in some cases, which explain the sources of data, how long we keep data, the reasons why we process your data, and the lawful basis on which we rely. There is some overlap between the notices and records, and so several may apply to you.
- Current students (ROPA)
- Prospective students and applicants (ROPA)
- Staff and senior members (ROPA)
- Staff applicants
- Alumni, donors and supporters
- Conferences, events and venue hire (ROPA)
- Research centres and projects
- College archives and libraries
- Friends of the Angus
- Financial, commercial and supplier administration (ROPA)
- Security, maintenance and premises (ROPA)
- Information and communication technology (ROPA)
- Websites and related services
Sometimes, we share data with third parties to help us provide services and meet legislative requirements. You can find details of our data sharing arrangements in our Data Sharing Table.
Find out more about your personal data rights
Data protection legislation gives you a number of rights in relation to your personal data. Information about each of these rights, including how to make a subject access request, is provided in the guidance Your Personal Data Rights
Who to contact
In the first instance, we recommend you contact the relevant data manager:
- Students and applicants: Academic Administrator
- Staff and applicants: HR Officer
- Alumni and friends: Development Office
- Archives and libraries: College Librarian
- Venue hire and facilities management: Director of Operations
- Financial and commercial administration: Director of Finance
- Information and communication technology: IT Office
Data Protection Officer
If you wish to exercise any of your rights in relation to your data as processed by Regent’s Park College please contact our Data Protection Officer:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 01865 288120
- Post: Regent’s Park College, Pusey Street, Oxford, OX1 2LB.
The Information Commissioner’s Office
You have the right to complain to the UK’s supervisory office for data protection, the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/ if you believe that your data has been processed unlawfully.