I have been a Fellow of Regent’s Park since 1986 and I hold a Research Lectureship within the Faculty of Theology and Religion. I am also a member of the Society of New Testament Studies and have served on the Editorial Board for several academic journals. I am married to Dr Deborah W. Rooke, a Tutor of Old Testament who is an Associate Member of the Faculty of Theology and Religion. My research interests include Pauline studies, particularly the relationship between Christology and eschatology, Jewish apocalyptic literature, the apocalypse of John, numismatics as applied to New Testament studies, the New Testament & modern literature and film, the Corinthian Correspondence, the Epistle to the Ephesians, and 17th-century Baptists.
I hold a BSc in Liberal Arts (History Major) from the University of the State of New York (1978), MDiv from Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, Louisville, KY (1980), and degrees in Theology from Kings College, London (MTh, 1982 and PhD, 1985).
- William Kiffen and His World (Part Six), Re-sourcing Baptist History: Seventeenth Century Series, 6 (Oxford: Regent’s Park College, 2017)
- William Kiffen and His World (Part One), Re-sourcing Baptist History: Seventeenth Century Series, 1 (Oxford: Regent’s Park College, 2010)
- Philemon (Sheffield: Sheffield Academic Press, 2008)
- Hierapolis in the Heavens: Studies in the Letter to the Ephesians (London: T. & T. Clark, 2007)
- Seditious Sectaryes: The Baptist Conventiclers of Oxford, 1641-1691, Studies in Baptist History and Thought 30.1 (Milton Keynes: Paternoster Press, 2006; repr. Eugene, OR: Wipf and Stock, 2008)
- Pauline Images in Fiction and Film (Sheffield: Sheffield Academic Press, 1999)
- The Epistle to the Ephesians (London: Epworth Press, 1997)
- Striking New Images: Roman Imperial Coinage and the New Testament World (Sheffield: Sheffield University Press, 1996)
- Second Corinthians (Sheffield: Sheffield Academic Press, 1996)
- The New Testament in Fiction and Film (Sheffield: Sheffield Academic Press, 1993)
- Jesus and God in Paul’s Eschatology (Sheffield: Sheffield University Press, 1987; repr. London: Bloomsbury, 2015)